BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Visibility


Calvino's concepts of visibility asked us the question of where images come from. He gives us the idea that we get the images that we think from images that other people have seen. It is all one large collection of images. He compares it to an iceberg, however, I thought an iceberg would be a rather cliche image to go with the photo and I also didn't really like the idea of an iceberg to represent this idea of collective images.

The image I chose, was also obviously a huge group of people. I also like the idea of all there hands touching, this to me represents the collection of and exchanging of all the ideas. There are also a group of many different ages. This to me represents the different images that can be exchanged among generations and groups of people.

This to me didn't really make me think of a book, as much as a movie. This made me think of Avatar. The way that they can read and see everything through the forest, how everything is connected and the way that they can communicate with one another and with nature. With a central source that they call "Eywa". This to me is like the iceberg, which is the central system of all the ideals and images. The connections in nature and to one another for me is like the sharing of ideals and images among humans, that Calvino speaks of.

0 comments: